New Coding Process
- Optional Pre-coding survey if wanted to tell you what is exactly required.
- Owner sends SCV1 form to RYA and pays for coding
- Owner sends Stability Category Allocation form to RYA for STOPS basic stability assessment (requires also one measurement of hull which is likely not available in owners manual) this is for sailing yachts with ballast keel only.
- Owner prepares Yacht for Coding
- Owner prepares Training and instruction manual LSA (Life Saving Applicances) and survival
- Owner prepares LSA Maintenance Manual
- Owner prepares MLC (Maritime Labour Convention) system.
- Formal coding out of water survey with surveyor completing SCV2 form and issuing defects list document
- Owner pays Surveyors Time and Expenses
- Owner completes Defects and provides surveyor with photograph / invoice proof or revisit by surveyor may be required depending on severity
- Surveyor issues SCV2 form to RYA (No outstanding defects are permitted)
- Scrutineer checks the SCV2 and may revert with additional requirements or clarifications and sometimes delays here.
- Owner completes additional requirements if any from scrutineer and provides proof.
- Certificate is received from RYA by owner
Back to MCA Coding Resource